Full WELD IN rear airride kit for your swingaxle Type I or III.
This rear setup involves welding in a pivot onto your rear torsion housing, then bolting in a new lower trailing arm to be your bottom bag mount. Top mounts cross from your rear shocktower over to the frame horn and the bag sits in between.
- Two laser cut , bent and welded trailing arm pivots.
- Set of laser cut shackles.
- Two built, adjustable lower DOM tube trailing arms with bag mounts. Fully welded.
-Two 3/4" CHROMOLY heim joints w/ hardware. Not cheap, small joints!
- Killer Thorebecke brothers front 4 link bars and greaseable bushings.
- Fully welded, in house designed upper mounts.*
- Two new, quality Slam Specialties Bags, not cheap junk!
- Grade 8 hardware throughout.
You may find a similar kit cheaper, but I won't build them with inferior materal, smaller heims and cheap bags.
No huge modification to your car except trimming the gussets on the frame horn for the pivot mounts and drilling your shocktower castings out to 1/2" For the larger and longer shock bolts. I do suggest adding some notched/ extended spring plates to the setup for full range of drop and toe in correction when riding low too!
* This is a weld in kit that will require fitting and installation on your end. Competent welding experience required. As pictured, this is possible with your body on but I HIGHLY suggest body removal.
VW Changed the rear shocktower casting over the years, so there really is no one size fits all. You will have to properly fit the upper mounts to your tower and frame horn.
You'll have to get creative if you want to retain your heat tubes, as the bag and mounts are now right where the heat tubes originally go.
You will need air management and fittings to make it all work, which I can also provide or help you source.
I do full builds and installs as well, contact me for info!